Friday, June 12, 2009

Almost One Year!

Wow, almost one year ago I was preparing for my wedding.  It is almost surreal just thinking about it.  Here's what I remember about the Friday before my wedding.  I remember waking up to a semi wet morning and being slightly bummed since our rehearsal dinner was supposed to be outside!  I remember spending some time with all my family that came in for the wedding.  Meli and I headed out to Glenview so that we could get manicures that day and then head to the rehearsal dinner.  The rehearsal went great, and I remember thinking ...this is fun...but am I REALLY getting married tomorrow? God pleasantly surprised us by giving us the most gorgeous rehearsal dinner of all!  Dave's cousins Jeff and Lynn were gracious enough to let us use their backyard...which just happens to be a beach of course!  We had one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen and we got to spend the evening enjoying time with our friends.  I really didn't want to leave that party but of course I needed to get some sleep before the big day.  Here are some pictures from that day!  I think one of my favorite moments was seeing Dave's uncle drive the grandmas down in the giant hummer!

Our Family!
Here our ring bearers opened up their presents! 

Look at that beautiful sunset!!! Here we are with our great friends Jenny and Dave who were our roommates in college and got married one month after we did!
Here come the GRANDMAS!!!
Way to make an entrance!! :)
Dave and I will be celebrating all weekend!  Tonight we are taking an Odyssey cruise dinner downtown!  I get to dress up, I am soooooo excited!  Hopefully I will have some pictures up from that event tomorrow!  It is exciting for me to look back at such a wonderful time but it makes me even more excited to know that I'm just as excited to be with Dave today as I was then.  I almost feel like a newlywed all over again!!! I pray that the Lord would continue to bless our relationship and that we could continue to feel this excitement for each other for a long time!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Congrats on 1 year!!! Isn't it amazing how fast the time has flown!?!?

Your wedding was beautiful and you looked amazing that day! Your wedding was the first one I went to after ours and I remember sitting there thinking, "Oh no! I should've done this at our wedding" or " I wish we had done that!" :)

Enjoy celebrating!!! Here's to another happy 'newlywed' year!!!