Monday, August 4, 2008

The Name Change

The name change thing hasn't been too difficult for me. I was able to change my last name pretty quickly. However, the day I decided to go get my new driver's license was a bit emotional. I was very excited and after spending an hour at the DMV and my picture turned out rather nice, I went straight to my parent's house to show them. Then I came home and showed Dave the license ....then that's when it hit. Tears all of a sudden streamed down my face. Dave was a bit confused, he thought I was excited! And I was...but I think at that moment I finally realized that I would no longer legally be a "Sanchez" any more. No more Ms. Sanchez! I think I've finally adjusted to the name change and I'm fully ready to be Mrs. Chooks now but I had no idea that changing my last name would be such an adventure and so emotional. The only problem now is that I have TWO names that no one can either pronounce or spell. ComEd for example wrote KAREN on my bill. I wrote them asking them to change the spelling and then they wrote "Keren Chookasizan"....CHOOKASIZAN!!!!!!!! You would think if I asked you to spell my name correctly that you would pay closer attention the second time...but no. Sigh. I suppose those are the new trials I have as a Chooky!

No comments: