Dave and I have recently tried to think of places to go to have some random fun. Growing up, my parents used to take me to Enchanted Castle in Lombard. It's basically an arcade for kids. I used to think it was the coolest thing ever and I would definitely start crying if I couldn't stay longer! Dave and I went together a few months ago as a date and decided we had to go back because it was so much fun. Not to mention, it's a lot cheaper than going to Dave and Buster's. This time we invited my brother and his high school friends to come along. Dave and I love hanging out with them! They keep us young or maybe we keep them young!?! I don't know! Anyway, we had a ton of fun! My favorite game to play there is "Deal or No Deal". Dave hates that I play these "chance" games because they take absolutely no skill, just random luck. So he always goes for the basketball hoops or the football games. But me...I stick to plain old luck...I'm in it for the tickets, even if I don't like anything I could get with the tickets. I just like getting them. So.....here was how my luck turned out this last time! I first played "Deal or No Deal", won about 75 tickets and decided I would play another game for the jackpot!
As you can see...I hit the jackpot!!!! 400 tickets!!!!

This was the game! The object is to roll your token on the center line where it says "400". Your coin however must land exactly in the middle without touching any of the black bars. You really have no control over this game but of course I HAD to play it. Dave rolled his eyes at me the first two times and the third time...I hit the jackpot!!!

400 tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave wouldn't try it himself so he stuck to his football game.

My brother didn't even go for the tickets, he played the arcade version of "Guitar Hero"

He looks sad...probably cause he didn't get all the tickets that did!!!!
"Gimme da gold, I want the gold"

Here's the whole gang...as you can see Dave and I were the only "adults" there. We had a ton of fun and ended up trading in all of our tickets for a bunch of candy that I couldn't even eat because I gave sweets up for lent! ha!

Overall, we had a great time! Dave says he'll never take me to a casino because I'll lose all my money on the slot machines. I guess I'll stick with trying to win the jackpot at Enchanted Castle!
4 comments:
haha! that's hilarious! You are intense! good thing you aren't going to the casinos! but maybe you would be the person that would win...? :)
looks like a good time! erica and I are gold members at chuck e. cheese. we should party there. -peter
Sounds like a double-date! Let's do it...and we should probably bring your kids just so that we can use them as an excuse to be there! ha ha
It might be a mistake to bring the kids b/c I sometimes can get a little overly competitive...
Post a Comment