Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Summer in a Nut Shell

Okay, so it's been a month since I blogged but to my defense my internet connection at home has just been TERRIBLE. SO...since it has been a while I will do my most memorable moments of the summer as a married person!!

1. Dave and I decided we would eat the top of our wedding cake for our 1 month anniversary! It was all great except for the fact that when we picked it up from my parent's house we left it in the car...in the HOT HOT Summer heat! So...needless to say the next day we had a nasty melted and very smelly cake. So much for that! At least we got some pictures!!


I'm very excited about this can you tell?


2. Some of our very favorite people got married this summer as well! Here they are:

The Bernthals!


The Udens

Kati Pessin

The Hannahs


3. This summer we had the honor of having Dave's friend Bashir visit form Sudan. So of course we had to take him to the Taste. This is a picture of Dave, my brother and Bashir on our way there. I think Bashir was a little uncomfortable with the amount of people he saw but at least the heat wasn't an issue!


4. A visit to the dunes with the Bernthals! The Lord has just continued to bless our friendship with Dave and Jenny! Every time we get together we leave feeling so encourage and thankful to have them in our lives and to be walking through this exciting time of our lives together! Here is a video of the Daves at the dunes. They truly are two peas in a pod!




5. I turned 24 this summer! I feel so old yet so young at the same time! Dave's parent's held a little get together at their place and Tunde came and took some great pictures. It was great having friends to celebrate with. This is a fun picture of Dave, JP, Brittany and me outside of the Chookaszian home in Glenview.



6. Dave has been traveling to Atlanta every week. It has been challenging for us to stay connected and invest fully into each other but the Lord has been gracious and has given us many special moments to strengthen our relationship. Because of his traveling, I was able to fly down and visit Dave in Atlanta. We had a great time visiting the Martinez family as well as spending some special time alone. We had quite the interesting experience when we went to visit a winery. The tour guy had definitely had a bit too much of his own wine that day! It led to some good laughs. Here are some pictures of the Chateau Elan!




This picture would be sooo much nicer if only I had a Nikon D300!!!! wink wink!!!

7. And last but not least, Dave and I got to spend some time in Aspen for the Chookaszian family reunion! We climbed up a giant mountain...which I fell down on the way back! We had a ton of fun spending time with the family and playing "Scattergories" which JP won like every single time. Here are some fun pics.





2 comments:

The Hangs said...

YAY for new posts!!! :) Since I don't get to see you this way I can keep up. :) BUT I still want to see you! :)
OH and did you get a haircute? CUTE!! It is the thing to do after you are married. I did, kristin did, lauren did, you did... way to keep it up. :)

BrittanyJoy said...

aw so fun, keren!!! you did so many fun things this summer! i love the photos. but i completely agree...they would look one hundred million times better if you had a D300 :) much love!