It's hard to believe how fast time goes by. Dave and I have been married for 6 months already! Now, for some of you veterans that may not seem like a lot but it just feels like we just tied the knot. I think this officially means I'm no longer a bride :( how sad. I suppose it is time for me to pass on the torch. For our 6 month anniversary, Dave planned the most wonderful date ever! First he woke me up to give me a present, the long awaited camera! We then got up, we to the Botanical Gardens to take some shots, visited my cousin's new apartment and had a very nice dinner at the Signature Room which is where he took me right after her proposed. We then spent the night at Marriott in Chicago, which I will say we got to stay for free! That's one of the only perks of Dave living in a hotel most of the time!! This morning we got up and walked around downtown and re-visited the place where Dave proposed! The last thing we did was stop by Dave's parent's and share with them about all of our fun adventures. This was definitely a weekend to remember. Here are some pictures from our wonderful adventure as well as some of my first shots with my new camera. I hope to gain much more knowledge on how to use it well!
This is the tree guy at the botanical gardens. He reminds me of something out of the Never Ending Story.

Berries!


We got pretty cold almost right away, so we went into the green house. Well, my camera lens began to fog up but I thought it made a cool effect. So here is Dave with the fog!

Here are some random flowers in the green room. I have no idea what they are!


This one's my favorite, because it's fuzzy and it looks like it belongs on Sesame Street!


This is a picture of my cousin, Melinda and her roommate who is Sudanese! Dave had a great time talking with her and she complimented him on his Arabic. Apparently he has not lost his touch! Way to go!!


Meli's other roommate had a little dog named "Taco". He was way too cute and he even winked for the camera!


At the hotel we stayed at they had a giant gingerbread castle all made out of real things! It was enormous. This was probably may favorite little part of the castle.

I decided Dave need some glamor shots! Hopefully he'll get the hint that he needs to change his profile pic. Maybe one of these will do?



This picture is of the statue in front of the fountain where Dave proposed. He asked me to look up and instead I looked all the way up and stared at the Hancock building. Dave wanted me to notice this because it said "of the glory of the Lord". Much cooler than that building!

This is a picture of the Chookaszian Christmas card. We helped Dave's parents fold and stuff several envelopes today. I had a lot of fun!

And that is a little glimpse into our anniversary weekend! If 6 months is this awesome I wonder how much more amazing 1 year will be!!!
1 comment:
I'm so glad we could be a little part of your fabulous weekend! Thanks so much for your help with the cards! If more people looked at your blog, we wouldn't have to send cards at all! They could just look at your picture of our card!
Love you!
H
Post a Comment