I don't know how many of you know this but I actually started my Master's program this year. It was a rather spontaneous decision as I completed my application with transcrpits and reccomendation letters in one week!!! Anyway as of three minutes ago I finished my first class! It feels pretty amazing even though I still have a bunch to go. I am getting my Master of Education in Leadership and Administration. I'm not sure what I will do with this yet, but I know that it will come in handy some day. The possibilities are endless as I could be a fine arts coordinator, department chair, principal, dean etc. Right now I am enjoying being a choir teacher and I can't wait until I have a few more years of experience. A little bit about my grad classes:
1. We've already had some people drop because they thought the work load was too much. It is a lot but it's not THAT bad! (whimps...j/k)
2. I am taking classes through Benedictine University in Lisle. It is only a 15 min. drive from my apartment which makes it great!
3. One of my high school teachers is taking the class with me! Weird but not that weird!
4. Since it is a Catholic University we get devotionals sent to us from the priest. I think they're cool! It's nice to get a small glimpse of what it would have been like to go to a Christian school.
5. Classes are only 5 weeks long...hence all the crazy amounts of work!
That's it! 1 class closer to graduation!!!
Keren
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you! I am so proud of you! I am especially impressed that you can handle the work load on top of your job and on top of being a newlywed!
God bless you both this Thanksgiving! Have a safe trip to Wisconsin and a good time with the fam. Give them all our love!
xoxoxox
Hanna,
Obviously I don't know how to get off JPs account and onto mine!
Post a Comment